Lord Vishnu is one of the most important Hindu Gods to many devotees across the world. He is a part of the Trimurti of Hindu Gods along with Shiva and Brahma. While Brahma is known as the Creator and Shiva as the Destroyer; Vishnu is the Preserver of our Universe.
Aja Ekadashi is an important festival dedicated to the worship of Lord Vishnu. This year, Aja Ekadashi falls on the 8th of September, which is the lunar day of Bhadrapada Krishna Paksha Ekadashi.
Significance Of Aja Ekadashi
- Aja Ekadashi is an important fast for the devotees of Lord Vishnu all across the world.
- The main purpose of the observance of Aja Ekadashi is the washing away of one’s sins, from both past and present lives.
- Those who fast on this holy day and offer ritualistic worship of Lord Vishnu on this day can experience the purification of their souls and divine spiritual happiness.
- Devotees should also donate food, clothes and other simple items to Brahmins on this day as it brings great luck and prosperity to the family.
- It is one of the 24 holy Ekadashis of the Hindu calendar year and is equally important too. Fasting on these occasions, including on Aja Ekadashi is of prime importance to gain salvation of the soul.
Rituals Of Aja Ekadashi
- Taking holy baths in the morning to cleanse the body and soul
- Observing fast throughout the day.
- Offering flowers, incense, water, lamps and a hand fan.
- Performing panchamrit worship of Lord Vishnu
- Visiting nearby Vishnu temple and listening to bhajans and bhakti songs all night.
- Chanting of Vishnu Sahasranama and other mantras of Lord Vishnu.
- Donating clothes and food to Brahmins as an act of charity.Click here to feed Brahmans at Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
Click Here To Offer Prasad to Lord Vishnu On The Special Occasion Of Aja Ekadashi 2017
Read More About Lord Vishnu –
- Dashavatara – Ten Divine Forms Of Lord Vishnu
- Top 10 Temples Dedicated To Lord Vishnu And His Avatars
- Why Does Lord Vishnu Rest On A Snake
- How Did Lord Narasimha Save Prahlad’s Life