Bhadrapada Skanda Sasthi 2017
What Is Skanda Sasthi
- Skanda Sasthi is a Hindu festival which is devoted to the worship of Lord Murugan, and it is celebrated by millions of Hindus every year, especially in the South.
- Skanda Shasti is celebrated every month and it is on 19th September, which is the lunar day of Bhadrapada Shukla Paksha Sashti.
- Devotees must observe a strict fast on this auspicious day while offering puja to Lord Muruga.
Significance of Skanda Sasthi
- According to legend, Lord Murugan is the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati and the younger brother of Lord Ganesha. He is also known by the names of Kartikeya, Skanda, Subramanya and Kumaran.
- Lord Murugan is also the Hindu God of War and also the commander of the army of the Devas. Murugan is famous for killing the demon Tarakasura who threatened to destroy both heaven and earth, with his powerful weapon the Vel .
- Hindus all across the world celebrate this day with great devotion and reverence towards Lord Murugan. Lord Murugan is worshipped mainly in Southern India, but also in various parts of Asia including Sri Lanka and Malaysia.
Rituals Of Skanda Sasthi
1. Fast throughout the day
- Worship Lord Murugan.
Seek Lord Murugan’s Blessings Here
Read More Interesting Articles –
- The 10 Most Important Pilgrimages In India
- 5 Puranic Tales Of Lord Shiva’s Greatness
- Simple Shiva Mantra For Sandhya Aarti
- How Was Lord Hanuman Born