Ghatasthapana 2014 – Puja Muhurat for Maha Navratri

When is Ghatasthapana Maha Navratri 2014

Ghatasthapana or Kalashsthapana is a ritual which marks the onset of Navratri. This year Durga Navratri will start from 25th September 2014 and end on 3rd October. So Kalash Sthapana will be performed on Pratipada i.e. 25th September.

What is Ghatasthapana?Ghatasthapana 2014

Kalash means pot and Sthapana means to establish or place, so kalash sthapana literally means establishing the pot.  A pot or kalash containing holy water is considered as symbol of Goddess Durga. It is placed in puja room and worshiped for nine days. Many families have a tradition of sowing barley seeds during Ghatasthapana. By the end of navratri, these seeds grow into 3-5 inches long shoots. These are taken out and disturbed as form of blessings.

First day of Maha Navratri 2014

Ghatasthapana is performed on Pratipada Tithi, this year
Pratipada Tithi Begins = 11:43 on 24/Sep/2014
Pratipada Tithi Ends = 13:22 on 25/Sep/2014

Ghatasthapana 2014 Puja Muhurat

The best time for Ghatasthapana (Ghatasthapana Muhurta) on 25th September 2014 is

Ghatasthapana Muhurta = 06:31 to 08:04
Duration = 1 Hour 33 Mins

Shubh Chaughadiya calculation depends on time of sun rise; hence it varies a little from place to place. To be more precise you can ask the priest of a temple nearby you.  However the main thing is, it should be performed in first one third of the day (Pratipada). Keep chanting mata’s name as often as you can. you can also read 108 names of Maa Durga by Clicking  Here!

Most Popular Shloka for Navratri 2014

Sarva mangala mangalye shive sarvaartha saadhike
Sharanye trayambake Gauri Narayani namosthute

Many of us must be knowing this verse but not the meaning. So here is the word to word meaning for this mantra!

Meaning of above Shloka

sarva mangala mangalye – To auspiciousness of all auspiciousness
shiva -to the Good
sarvarrtha saadhike – to the accomplisher of all objectives
sharanye – to the Source of Refuge
tryambake – to the mother of the three worlds.
Gauri – to the Goddess who is Rays of Light
Naaraayani – Exposer of consciousness
Namostute- We bow to you again and again. We worship you.

Onlineprasad wishes you a very happy Navratri. Get blessing and prasad from powerful shaktipeeths, Click Here!

The following two tabs change content below.

Rachana Bhawsar

Latest posts by Rachana Bhawsar (see all)

Comments

comments

You may also like...

32 Responses

1. sanjay jain says:

help me know more in knowing more on navratras and durga puja

2. meena says:

thank u so much……..

3. priya says:

I dont have mud pot…can u help me in which I can sow seeds…and after navratri can I put remaining leaves of this seeds n soil in the garden only…because here in dubai I cant do it in water…please advise

• Rachana Bhawsar says:

Priya, you can use the plastic mini tray which you use to make sprouts. If that is not available take a deep bowl, put some garden soil and sow seeds. Its advisable to submerge remaining leaves in water. But if thats not you can place them garden. After all it’s your devotion and feeling which would Please maa durga more than anything else.
      Happy Navratri

4. nisha singh says:

thank u very much,but i want navaratri colours

5. Isha says:

Thank you, so much and god bless..

6. Harish P Maralihalli says:

Please post the mantra to be chanted during the Ghatastapana

7. Babita Gupta says:

Mujhe Ghatstapna nahi karna hai.Only pata rakhkar puja karna hai. iske liye after 2.PM kaun sa timing thik hoga.

8. Pooja says:

Hello,I have a query..
    While doing puja on 2nd day of navaratri,the sacred kalash water fell down and mango leaves came out of it..But we did not let the coconut which we had put on kalash falldown..but during this 2/3rd water flowed out of the kalash..
    Is it viable,i mean is there anything wrong in it to happen,or should i do something else..
    Please advice….

9. sindhu says:

Hello , first time I have done a ghat sthapana in my house….I have been doing all the puja procedure and nivedyas also…
    I bought this seeds from puja samagri shop , though I had specifically asked for barley seeds…they never had it and gave me jowar seeds saying I can put this also ….but its not yet sprouted…I have been watering the small mud pot in which I have sown it, also….how many days does it takes for the small sprouts to come out…today is the third day and when I see nothing coming out of the soil ,I feel depressed…

10. HVT says:

What is to be done with the kalash after ashtami day after doing kanya puja?
    Please advise.

• Rachana Bhawsar says:

If you have placed a earthen pot, immersed it in flowing water. And if its a metal pot, pour the water in tulsi plant and keep the kalash in puja room future use. Happy Dussehra!

11. priti says:

I have sown all seeds very carefully but then also they Di not appear On duseraha, I think It is due to excess Water poured bY me. What i should do now. Please advice

12. ferina says:

Prayer beads which have history and cultures associated are on the use for ages which can be evidenced looking special mention found in books of history and cultures.

13. sri says:

which coconut should keep on kalash

14. shanthala says:

hello mam, i have seen all ur replies, so i just want to ask u one thing after the ninth day of ghatasthapana puja what we have to do that grass n soil. pls can u suggest

15. manohar says:

jai maha Kali proud to be Hindu and proud to be Indian..

wishing you all a very happy navratri..

16. devkumar acharya says:

jay ambe maa

17. jayshree says:

happy navratri

18. arjun says:

jai mata di aap sab ko navratra ki hardik shubhkamna

19. duryodhan says:

सर्व मंगल मांगल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थ साधिके । शरन्ये त्रयम्बिके गौरी नारायणी नमोस्तुते ।। शारदीय नवरात्रोत्सवाच्या तुम्हाला आणि तुमच्या कुटुंबियांना तसेच तुमच्या मित्रपरिवारांनाहार्दिक हार्दिक शुभेच्छा…. आई रेणुकामाता, आई अंबाबाई , तुळजाभवानी आपणा सर्वांना सुख, समृद्धी व यशप्राप्तीसाठी आशिर्वाद देवो, हिच श्रीच्या चरणी प्रार्थना…

20. janakiram says:

It is very good to see that you are explaining in detail about poojas, importance, and benefits one gets…if audio is used to pronounce the slokas, mantras, etc.., recited by competent persons, I think, it would be a greater help and guidance for all your followers…

21. santhoshi says:

During navrathri second day kalash and sacred water in it fell down what should i do now.

• Rachana Bhawsar says:

Don’t worry and don’t let your faith shake up.. just consider that as a mistake. Keep worshiping Maata rani with pure heart and full devotion.
      Stay blessed!

22. pia says:

I have planted the barley seeds and its gonna be the 4th day n I still dont see any grass grow …

23. ANNU says:

I DId ghat sthapna on a shubh muhrat but on 3rd navratra ghat fall down by maid ….dhatu ka hone k karan kalash tuta nahi but …..jal bah gaya ..kya ise koi sanket mana jaye….koi upay ho to batayen….main kai saalon se pratyek navratri me proper puja karti hoon.

• Rachana Bhawsar says:

Namaste Annu ji!

Pehle to navratri ki hardik shubhkamnaye. Agar kalash galati se gir gaya hai to isse bus ek bhul samjhe. Mann mei koi bhi shanka ya sandeh bina mata ki aaradhna karen.. Wo Maa hai jo saari galtiyon maaf kar apne bhakton ki raksha karti hai.. Aap bus pavitra mann aur puri shraddha se mata ka pujan karti rahen..
      Mata sab shubh karengi..