Discovery of the Holy Shrine
How Was the Holy Cave of Mata Vaishno Devi Discovered?
- Around 1000 years back, by a Pandit named Shridhar, organized a Bhandara.
- Mata left amidst the Bhandara to escape Bhairon Nath.
- Pandit Shridhar felt as if he had lost everything in his life.
- He felt immense grief and gave up the intake of food or even water and closed himself in a room of his house
- He started praying for Mata Vaishnavi to reappear.
- It is then that Mata Vaishnavi appeared in his vision (dream) and told him to search for her at the Holy Cave situated amidst the folds of the Trikuta Mountain.
- She showed him the way to the Holy Cave and insisted him to break his fast.
- Pandit Shridhar then went on to discover the Holy Cave in the mountains.
- Mata Vaishno Devi appeared before him in all her glory and introduced him to the three heads the rock form along with various other identification marks in the Holy Cave.
- She blessed him with a boon of four sons and a right to worship her manifestation and asked him to spread the glory of the Holy Shrine all over.
- Pandit Shridhar then spent his remaining life in the service of Mata at the Holy Cave.
Get Mata Vaishno Devi’s Blessings: CLICK HERE