Lord Vishnu is one of the most important Hindu Gods to many devotees across the world. He is a part of the Trimurti of Hindu Gods along with Shiva and Brahma. While Brahma is known as the Creator and Shiva as the Destroyer; Vishnu is the Preserver of our Universe.
Indira Ekadashi is an important festival dedicated to the worship of Lord Vishnu. This festival is celebrated during the month of Ashwin. It is celebrated during the 11th day of the Krishna phase of the Moon during Ashwin Maas. This year, Ashwin Maas Indira Ekadashi falls on the 26th of August. Let’s look at some facts about the true importance of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi.
Significance Of Indira Ekadashi
1. Indira Ekadashi is an important fast dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
2. It is associated with the removal of one’s sins during their current and past lives.
3. It is a fast whose meaning was explained by Lord Krishna to Yudhistira.
4. It falls during the Pitru Paksha period and is celebrated by millions of Hindus worldwide.
Rituals Of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi
1.Taking holy baths in the morning to cleanse the body and soul
2. Observing fast throughout the day.
3. Offering flowers, incense, water, lamps and a hand fan.
4. Performing panchamrit worship of Lord Vishnu
5.Visiting nearby Vishnu temple and listening to bhajans and bhakti songs all night.
6. Chanting of Vishnu Sahasranama and other mantras of Lord Vishnu.
7. Donating clothes and food to Brahmins as an act of charity.Click here to feed Brahmans at Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
Click Here To Offer Prasad to Lord Vishnu On The Special Occasion Of Indira Ekadashi 2017
Read More About Lord Vishnu –
- Dashavatara – Ten Divine Forms Of Lord Vishnu
- Top 10 Temples Dedicated To Lord Vishnu And His Avatars
- Why Does Lord Vishnu Rest On A Snake
- How Did Lord Narasimha Save Prahlad’s Life