Lord Vishnu is one of the most important Hindu Gods to many devotees across the world. He is a part of the Trimurti of Hindu Gods along with Shiva and Brahma. While Brahma is known as the Creator and Shiva as the Destroyer; Vishnu is the Preserver of our Universe.
Indira Ekadashi is an important festival dedicated to the worship of Lord Vishnu. This festival is celebrated during the month of Ashwin. It is celebrated during the 11th day of the Krishna phase of the Moon during Ashwin Maas. This year, Ashwin Maas Indira Ekadashi falls on the 26th of August. Let’s look at some facts about the true importance of Shravan Putrada Ekadashi.
Indira Ekadashi Vrat Katha
1. Once there was a great king named Indrasena, who ruled over the land of Mahishmatipura. Indrasena was a devout Vishnu bhakt and also a kind ruler who greatly cared for the wellbeing of his people. Indrasena was once visited by Narada, the heavenly sage.
2. Narada informed Indrasena that his father was living at Yamaloka and that his soul did not get salvation. Indrasena’s father had requested Narada to tell him to observe a fast on the special day of Indira Ekadashi, which would allow the kings father to attain Moksha.
3. King Indrasena followed his father’s advice and religiously observed th vrat along with the worship of Lord Vishnu. When he did so, his father’s soul attained Moksha and was given a chance to stay at Vaikuntham, the divine abode of Lord Vishnu.
4. This special Ekadashi that falls during the auspicious period of Pitru Paksha is essential for a person to seek the blessings of their ancestors.
Click Here To Offer Prasad to Lord Vishnu On The Special Occasion Of Indira Ekadashi 2017
Read More About Lord Vishnu –
- Dashavatara – Ten Divine Forms Of Lord Vishnu
- Top 10 Temples Dedicated To Lord Vishnu And His Avatars
- Why Does Lord Vishnu Rest On A Snake
- How Did Lord Narasimha Save Prahlad’s Life