Kalki Jayanti 2017 – Significance And Rituals
Significance Of Kalki Jayanti
1. The Srimad Bhagavatam mentions the tenth Vishnu Avatar Kalki, who is due to appear on earth at the end of the current Kali Yuga and the upcoming Satya Yuga.
2. It is also mentioned that he would be born in the village of Shambala, to a devout Brahmin named Vishnuyasha. This event will happen 427,000 years from now as the Kali Yuga nears to an end.
3. The scripture also states that Kalki would arrive on a majestic white horse named Devadatta, carrying a sword in his hand with which he would slay all the proud and treacherous kings on Earth.
4. Kalki would also represent the eight Supreme qualities of the Godhead and his main purpose would be the liberation of a faithless world. This is because the Kaliyuga is the Dark Age in which people ignore faith and religion and are driven by greed and materialistic ambitions.
5. After killing the corrupt kings, Kalki would induce devotion into the hearts of earth dwellers. Entire populations will start becoming religious again and the Satya Yuga or the age of truth and purity would begin again.
6. Thus Kalki, the 10th Avatar of Vishnu would restore Dharma or righteousness on Earth.
7. Kalki Jayanti 2017 is on 20th August which is the lunar day of Shravana Shukla Paksha Panchami.
Rituals Of Kalki Jayanti
1. Observing fast throughout the day.
2. Chanting Vishnu Sahasranama, Narayana Mantra and other mantras 108 times.
3. Pooja starts with the chanting of Beej mantra followed by offering a seat to the Lord (asana).
4. The Lord’s idol is then washed ceremoniously with water and panchamrit.
5. 108 recitation of Lord Vishnu’s name is observed with the offering of flowers, lamps and incense.
6. Worshiping the Lordis considered very auspicious; especially on the days of Poornima.
7. Donating food to Brahmins is also encouraged.
Click Here To Offer Prasad to Lord Vishnu On The Special Occasion Of Simha Sankranti
To Get Special Blessings During Shravan Maas Click Here
Read More About Lord Vishnu –
- Dashavatara – Ten Divine Forms Of Lord Vishnu
- Top 10 Temples Dedicated To Lord Vishnu And His Avatars
- Why Does Lord Vishnu Rest On A Snake
- How Did Lord Narasimha Save Prahlad’s Life