In 2016 it is on April 17. Kamada Ekadashi fast gives the fastest fruitful benefits to those who observe it with dedication.
- This Ekadasi is believed to be the first Ekadasi of the Hindu New Year.
- The name Kamada means – ‘The one that grants all wishes.’
- Lord Krishna is worshiped on this Ekadashi.
- It is believed that if someone observes the Vrat (fast), the person gets rid from all sins.
- If a female keeps the fast, the good effects of this fast helps her to conceive a child.
- Also, if someone observes the fast, the person goes to heaven, after death.
Kamada Ekadashi 2016: Rituals Of The Day
- The person observing the Vrat, should practice purity, a day before observing the fast.
- The duration of the fast is 24 hours and it starts from the day of Dashami (tenth day of the month).
- One should wake up early in the morning and take bath with soil that should be taken from some pure place.
- After this, the devotee should recite the Satya Narayan Katha (Lord Vishnu legends).