Lord Vishnu is one of the most important Hindu Gods to many devotees across the world. He is a part of the Trimurti of Hindu Gods along with Shiva and Brahma. While Brahma is known as the Creator and Shiva as the Destroyer; Vishnu is the Preserver of our Universe.
Importance Of The Kamika Ekadashi Fast
Kamika Ekadashi during the Shravan Mash which falls within the auspicious period of Chatur Mash (the four holy monsoon months). It is a day of dedicated ritualistic worship of Lord Vishnu along with strict fasting, in order to seek his powerful blessings. Devotees who undergo strict penance for the four months of Ashada, Shravan, Bhadrapada and Ashvin can gain tremendous benefits and salvation of the soul.
This year Kamika Ekadashi falls on 10th August, which is the lunar day of Shravana Krishna Paksha Ekadashi.
Shravana Ekadashi 2017 Muhurat
Ekadashi Tithi Begins = 16:58 on 9/Aug/2017
Ekadashi Tithi Ends = 16:45 on 10/Aug/2017
Rituals Of Devshayani Ekadashi 2017
- Taking holy baths in the morning to cleanse the body and soul
- Observing fast throughout the day.
- Offering flowers, incense, water, lamps and a hand fan.
- Performing panchamrit worship of Lord Vishnu
- Visiting nearby Vishnu temple and listening to bhajans and bhakti songs all night.
- Chanting of Vishnu Sahasranama and other mantras of Lord Vishnu.
- Donating clothes and food to Brahmins as an act of charity.Click here to feed Brahmans at Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
Click Here To Offer Prasad to Lord Vishnu On The Special Occasion Of Kamika Ekadashi 2017
Read More About Lord Vishnu –
- Dashavatara – Ten Divine Forms Of Lord Vishnu
- Top 10 Temples Dedicated To Lord Vishnu And His Avatars
- Why Does Lord Vishnu Rest On A Snake
- How Did Lord Narasimha Save Prahlad’s Life