Govardhan Puja 2017
- Govardhan puja is performed on the day following Badi Deepavali.
- In many houses, Annakoot puja is performed by preparing Chappan Bhog which contains 56 varieties offood items which are offered to God.
- An image of Govardhan is made of cow dung or mud. A picture of Govardhan can also be used for the puja.
Preparation for Govardhan Puja
- Cow dung or mud
- 2 sugarcane sticks
- Curds, unboiled milk, batasha, ladoo and peda
- Roll, Chawal
- Clay Deepak and matchsticks
- One silver coin for some money for dakshina
- Start the puja of Govardhanji by offering 2 sticks of sugarcane.
- Curd, unboiled milk, batasha, laddoo and peda are offered.
- Deepak is lit. Puja is done with roli and chawal
- After the puja, do four parikrama around Govardhanji
- Some batasha is left in the thali. This is later given to the mishrani with money.
- The katha of Lakshmiji is read.
- The mishrani, who reads the katha, is given a silver coin or money as dakshina.
- After puja the kaajal from the kajlota of Deepavali puja is applied.
- The women of the house first eat the sweet rice that was set aside on Deepavali and only then partake the food cooked that day.
Govardhan Puja Muhurat 2017
- Govardhan Puja Pratahkal Muhurat = 06:20 to 08:37, Duration = 2 Hours 17 Mins
- Govardhan Puja Sayankal Muhurat = 15:29 to 17:46, Duration = 2 Hours 17 Mins
CLICK HERE to get Govarshan Puja 2017 Special Prasad