Saraswati Puja 2016: A Day To Seek Wisdom
- Saraswati Puja 2016 is on 12th Feb
- Vasant Panchami is believed to be the birthday of Goddess Saraswati because she appeared on the day of Basant Panchami.
- Hence, Saraswati Puja also withholds immense importance on this day.
- She is considered as the energy of Lord Brahma, who is believed to be the creator of universe.
Legend of The Birth of Goddess Saraswati
- Birth of Saraswati Lord Brahma created universe, but he was upset, as all his creation was quiet and still like a dead body.
- There was no sound and music in the universe.
- Lord Brahma became sad after seeing all that.
- Brahma went to Lord Vishnu and told him about his feelings after creating the universe.
- Lord Vishnu suggested Brahma that Goddess Saraswati will help him and solved the problem.
- So, Lord Brahma evoked Goddess Saraswati.
- When she emerged, then on request of Brahma, she gave life to Brahmas creation by her Veena (Lute).
- When she started playing Veena, the first letter that came out was ‘Sa’.
- This alphabet is the first one among the seven musical notes (seven Swara).
- This way the soundless universe got sound.
- Lord Brahma became happy with this and he named Saraswati as Vageshwari.
- She holds Veena in her hand; hence, she is also called ‘Veenapani.
- She also symbolizes calmness and serenity.
Method of Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami
- Goddess Saraswati pooja To perform the Saraswati Puja, a stoup (Kalash) is enshrined.
- The rituals start with worshiping Lord Ganesha. Later, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are worshiped. After worshiping them, people worship Goddess Saraswati. She is bathed and adorned in white clothes.
- Vermillion and garlands are offered to her before starting Saraswati Puja.
- Gulaal (red color powder) is offered in her feet.
- While performing Saraswati Puja, yellow flowers and seasonal fruits are offered as Prasad.
Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami Muhurta
Vasant Panchami Puja Muhurta = 09:16 to 12:33
Duration = 3 Hours 16 Mins