Vijaya Ekadashi 2016
- The auspicious day of Vijaya Ekadashi in 2016 is on March 05.
- Vijaya Ekadasi provides the way for removing all the sins of previous life and winning over all the evil powers.
- Worship Lord Vishnu on this pious day and attain maximum benefit during Vijaya Ekadashi in 2016.
- Vijaya Ekadashi is one of the most important Ekadashi among all, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. According to the Hindu calendar, Vijaya Ekadashi falls on the 11th day of the Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) in the month of Phalgun, i.e. during the months of February-March.
- Observing a fast on this special day of Vijaya Ekadashi, leads to victory over all the evil powers.
Vijaya Ekadashi 2016: Significance Of The Day
- The day of Vijaya Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- This Ekadasi gives highly auspicious results to the one who observes fast on this special day.
- It is believed that if someone observes the Vijaya Ekadashi Vrat with full faith and devotion, he/she will be able to remove all the sins of his past life.
- All the previous life sins generated from any inauspicious deeds, will get vanished by observing the fast on Vijaya Ekadashi.
Legend Of Vijaya Ekadashi
- The legend of Vijaya Ekadashi is related to Lord Rama.
- It is said that Lord Rama observed the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi, when he was heading toward Lanka with his entire army to rescue his wife, Sita.
- As per the legend of Vijaya Ekadasi, when Lord Ram reached to Samudra (sea), he was unaware of the route ahead.
- Hence, Lord Rama requested the lord of sea to show the correct path to Lanka, but the Sea Lord didn’t reply.
- Then, both, Lord Rama and Laxmana, (Lord Rama’s younger brother) visited a saint, Balada Bhaya.
- Saint Balada Bhaya advised Lord Rama to observe the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi.
- He told them that the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi will help them in succeeding any obstacle, throughout their way.
- The saint also mentioned that the Vijaya Ekadashi fast will also help them in winning over the evil powers of Ravana.
- Lord Rama observed the fast of Vijaya Ekadashi and successfully rescued his wife Sita, from the clutches of Ravana.
Fast for Vijaya Ekadashi 2016
- Meal should be taken once in a day and that too purely Satvik Bhojan (food for fast).
- The meal should include fruits, dry fruits, milk, and other milk products.
- Intake of cereals and grains is strictly prohibited.
- Perform the Puja rituals dedicated to Lord Krishna, twice a day i.e. in the morning and in the evening.
Vijaya Ekadashi 2016 Fast Muhurat
On 6th, Parana Time = 06:35 to 08:57
On Parana Day Dwadashi End Moment = 15:35