Lord Vishnu is one of the most important Hindu Gods to many devotees across the world. He is a part of the Trimurti of Hindu Gods along with Shiva and Brahma. While Brahma is known as the Creator and Shiva as the Destroyer; Vishnu is the Preserver of our Universe.
Throughout the ages Lord Vishnu has manifested in different Avatars either on earth or in heaven. His purpose has always been the restoration of Dharma or ‘the path of Righteousness’ and the destruction of evil. There are many legends associated with him that cement his status as the Swayam Bhagwan.
One special avatar of Lord Vishnu is his Vishvarupa form, which he had taken during his Krishna and Vamana avatars. Lets have a look at some incredible facts about this universal manifestation of Lord Vishnu –
The Supreme Form Of The Lord
1. Vishvarupa is the ultimate manifestation or divine form of Lord Vishnu which was revealed by Lord Krishna to Arjuna during the battle of Kurukshetra.
2. It is said that the Vishvarupa form of the Lord is the embodiment of the entire universe or Brahmand. All beings and the four castes of Hindus are also said to originate from the Vishvarupa formof Vishnu.
3. Vishvarupa is endless in stature and has many heads, limbs and legs. In his different arms he holds many different weapons and his many heads have the faces of the most important Hindu Gods.
4. Lord Vishnu or Krishna had manifested in the Vishvarupa form on earth, only twice or thrice in history. The first time was when Yashoda, Krishna’s foster mother wanted to see his true form. Krishna took this form again in the court of Duryodhana in front of all his subjects.
5. The third time was when Arjuna asked to see Krishna’s absolute form on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. This form of the Lord isn’t visible to everyone and those who can see it are initially frightened by its sheer magnitude.
6. All the 14 Lokas of the universe are said to be contained within the body of Viswarupa and so are beings like Rudras, Adityas, Dikapalas, Yakshas, Gandharvas and Ashvins. He is the truth of the universe, the ultimate truth that all souls must unite with at the end.
7. The eyes of Vishvarupa are the Sun and the Moon, his head is heaven and his feet is the world. He is the absolute truth that all beings including the other Gods must acknowledge.
Seek Lord Krishna’s Blessings Here
To Offer Prasad at Bankey Bihari, Vrindavan Click Here
Read More About Lord Krishna –