With all due Respect !
Lord Krishna did not stop time to explain the 700 shlokas
It is the Literary excellence of Vedavyasa: his genius to have utilized the opportunity of confusion that appeared in the mind of Arjuna and to have used it to provide the pearls of wisdom to humanity, that we know today as the Bhagavad Gita.
- According to Mahabharata, Arjuna developed cold feet when he realised that he is going to a war with his own relatives and brothers, and must have hesitated to fight.
- This apprehension of his might have been countered by the collective efforts of all the Pandava biggies, with the assistance of the great Krishna.
- However, the mastermind, Vedavyasa might have seen an opportunity to include some immense values and philosophies at this juncture.
Look at the scenario:
- Arjuna is in the middle of battlefield, and is confused as to whether he should do his duties and fight, or be morally correct and not slay his relatives.
- With this confusion, he throws away his weapons and sits down.
- Krishna comes into rescue, and gives totally practical advices!“Do your duties, and leave the rest to the God! Do not expect anything in return; if you deserve it, you will get it! Do not procrastinate!”
(कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन । मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूः मा ते सङ्गोsस्त्वकर्मणि ॥)
“It is the body that dies, not the soul! Soul merely changes bodies, like a man changes his clothes!”
(वासांसि जीर्णानि यथा विहाय नवानि गृण्हाति नरोपराणि ।
तथा शरीराणि विहाय जीर्णान्यन्यानि संयाति नवानि देही ॥)
- Conflict in the mind of a person going into war is so relatable to any person, in some part of his or her life: being in conflict over performing his or her duties.
- This is the scenario when Krishna comes as a saviour and gives practical solutions. I feel that it is for this reason why the Bhagavad gita has become so popular world-wide: the positioning and timing! This is another indication towards the genius of Vedavyasa!
Have you read Bhagavada Gita ?
[The Knowledge of Mahabharata and Vedas ]
CLICK HERE for your Pocket Edition